Saturday, November 5, 2011

MacGregor's Cottage Sunroom: a work in progress


the coffee table is an English farmtable that was cut down purchased in Franklin, TN antique store



the trunk belonged to my husband's grandmother


the wood dough bowl is a Helena, Montana estate sale find
I have been searching Craigslist for a loveseat. This is the perfect size for my
cozy sunroom. Ok it is small like 14 x 17 but it suits me just fine. Last month I
lucked out and found this little beauty. Actually there were two pieces the sofa
and this loveseat. Got a friend to take the sofa and I made off with the loveseat.
     It took me four 9x12 dropcloths. I washed each one 3 times to and dried them with
 6 or 7 sheets of fabric softener. I am in love. Sometimes you just have to wait for
  right piece. And I must admit I have to thank Shannon Bowers for the inspiration.
So hey Shannon "thanks".

4 comments:

  1. Victoria, thank you for stopping by my blog.
    I love your old tole painted trays, such a beautiful collection.
    Kathy - coastal ga and upstate sc

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Victoria!! The loveseat is perfect for this beautiful room! And it "does" look like a Shannon slip! love it.
    I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
    joan

    p.s. thank you so much for leaving your "calling card!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the feel of the slipcovered sofa!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Sweetie!! xo

    ReplyDelete