Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gathered from the garden

The summer has almost slipped away and though autumn is one of my favorite times of the year I shall miss the flowers of my garden. I am truly grateful for the bliss they bring with their blossoms. We sowed the zinnias and the celosia was a volunteer from my compost pile. We planted pink knockout roses 3 or 4 years ago in the front yard and red last year in the back border. The black knight butterfly bushes were divided this season so lots of brilliant colored blooms from those. There is a single cleome bloom sown from a pack of seeds perhaps we will have better luck next year with those. What is growing in your garden?




 On another note Artie at Color Outside the Lines blog has a spectacular series on the
 home collections of Ralph Lauren. If you are a fan of Mr. Lauren you will not want to miss it.
http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com/2013_08_08_archive.html






1 comment:

  1. I love gathering beautiful flowers from the garden and having them in my home...so warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete