Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Hampshire here we come

Just kidding! But if I ever get the opportunity I am on my way. What has prompted this post after an unreasonable amount of time. A blog I ran across called FOR THE LOVE OF A HOUSE.  I am smitten.
An antiques dealer from Dallas moves to New Hampshire buys an old farmhouse/barn and turns it into heaven on earth. Her latest accomplishment the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen. It is classically traditional but in a fresh new way.  This kitchen has it all: wide plank floors, custom creamy white cabinets with old wavy glass in the doors, soapstone and honed marble countertops ,bead board back splash  and ceilings, a Shaw farmhouse sink with Perrin and Rowe faucet that sits under three windows which bathes the space in light not to mention the view through the windows. The she adds a brick fireplace using the bricks salvaged from another in the home. Finally she has impeccable taste every piece of ironstone, hotel silver and topiary perfection. So I am either moving there to be near it or dying eventually and ending up there(hopefully)
because it is heaven or at least heaven on earth. And if, by chance, you have not seen it you must.
http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. wow! what a beautiful post Victoria! thank you so much; I am very honored!!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm headed over to check out that blog. I have always had romantic notions about living in New England myself!

    ReplyDelete